The Pregnancy Care Center has been providing quality services in Humboldt County since 1994.
The Pregnancy Care Center is a life-affirming, 501(c)3 non-profit corporation that also operates J. Rophe Medical, a licensed Primary Care Clinic. The Pregnancy Care Center offers compassion, direction, and hope to those facing life decisions. All services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL and include pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, accurate information on pregnancy options, assistance with maternity and baby clothing, and ongoing support.
The Pregnancy Care Center also offers prenatal, parenting, and childbirth classes, as well as Post-Abortion healing opportunities.
Neither The Pregnancy Care Center nor J. Rophe Medical receive any government funding but is supported by donations and fundraising events. Unlike other clinics, J. Rophe Medical does not benefit financially from any particular choice. Each client is treated holistically with the utmost care and respect.
Our Commitment of Care and Competence
1) Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability, or other arbitrary circumstances.
2) Clients are treated with kindness, compassion, and in a respectful manner.
3) Clients always receive honest and open answers.
4) Client pregnancy tests are administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
5) Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
6) Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
7) Neither the Pregnancy Care Center or J. Rophe Medical offers, recommends or refers for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
8) All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
9) We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
10) We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
11) We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government, reports in a timely manner.
12) Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
13) All staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
Pregnancy Care Center
(24 hour option line)
J. Rophe Medical